Thursday, July 30, 2009

Changes at Home

Changes are coming to my very home!  For the past several years, the Housing Authority has been trying to get funding for a new, second elevator for my building.  The original elevator is breaking down.  If a second elevator could not be installed and the original elevator needed to be replaced, the whole building would be uninhabitable, so I was told by the executive director when she came here for a tenant meeting.

I have mixed feelings:  The renovation will take away two of my living room windows. and move two others.  One doesn’t miss natural lighting until one doesn’t have it anymore.

There’s no possibility of stopping this or depriving my neighbors of an elevator, but I think I’ll miss my windows.

I’ll be chronicling this project on Flickr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let there be light, dammit! And, yay!--I can post a comment!